Thursday, November 13, 2008

Things to look forward to...

I know that Thanksgiving is still 2 weeks away, but my mouth has already started to water. I am so excited to eat the savory turkey that will be prepared with such love and care. The flaky rolls that will be baked to perfection and will melt in your mouth. The stuffing with tons of spices and herbs that make the entire house smell for days. And who can forget the cranberries, their sweet and tangy over tones that are the perfect combination with everything you put on your plate.
Family filled memories come to mind and it makes me so grateful for the family that I was born into and the family that I have been adopted into. Although my family is now scattered across the world I will never forget the covert operations of snitching rolls without getting caught by Grandma or any of the other watchful adults. Back when I could put each finger in the hole of the olive without splitting it up the side, those were the perfect days of Thanksgiving.
I am so thankful for Thanksgiving and the euphoric feeling the turkey leaves you in. Playing pool and other games with a basement full of cousins while the adults mingle with each other upstairs. Taking long naps on any vacant piece of couch or floor that wasn't already occupied by much bigger cousins.
I am so grateful for my life, for my amazing husband and for such a great family that I am part of. I am grateful for the country that I live in, the freedoms we share and the church that I belong to.
I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving (in two weeks)!

3 comments:

jamesrivergirl said...

I think this should go in the book...along with anything else you want to send.

Tif-Ani said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too sweetie! Be sure to think of me... possibly eating kangaroo for my thanksgiving. haha. Much love!

Reluctant Nomad said...

Nummy. I'm rebelling against Thanksgiving this year. I think we're going to a Heuriger.

***maralise